Just Starting

Family and friends have advised me to post my scrapbook and craft creations to a blog. I'm not exactly techni-savvy so I'm taking another MONTH OR TWO :D to figure this process out. I haven't even "tweeted" yet, so this is a big step for me. Please check back in a few days up to a week and hopefully I'll have some fun stuff up.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Kindness Matters / Valentine's Card

This is a card I made for a Valentine's /Thank You - my mother-in-law just had a nasty surgery and several of our fabulous neighbors brought in meals for over a week.  I know she will stress until each of them has received a heartfelt "thank you" and since it was over Valentine's Day, I thought I would blend the two events into one card to help her have some fast sends.  The roses are just found on the web in clipart images searching "victorian roses" and I cut around them and did a decoupage on the inside of the card as a POP-up when you pull a tag.  The punches, die cuts, embossing, water-color pencils and stamps are all Stampin'Up material with Bazzill papers, Tim Holtz' inks. The lace is Stampin'Up with Tim Holtz' inks aging it. Pearls are Stampin'Up and the green rhinestone was just loose in my crafting "hoard".
The picture makes the brown look uneven but it is even around the insert white.  The silver embossed stamp is one of Stampin'Ups new ones ... love it.

The green border is one of EK Success' new punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment